As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Dumping my TARCan 8 thoughts here in this desolate forum!!!!

This season...... it wasn't good but it wasn't not good? A truly surreal TAR viewing experience with three boring ass episodes, COVID knocking out three teams and bringing back the first two elims, and then a new ~On Ramp~ twist to bring back two of the COVID teams??? The whole thing was absolutely hilarious and perplexing, especially when you consider that it took 9 of the 11 legs to properly eliminate half of the teams. That being said, it was a little exhausting and suffocating when you realized how many teams were still in by like Leg 7, and this franchise still has its problems with sanitizing any villainous behavior in the edit, but even so I found this season moderately enjoyable if not only ironically! Current season ranking would probably be 2/4 > 7 > 1 > 3/8 > 5 > 6. Not sure how I feel about this in comparison to 3 but they're both definitely a step up from 5 and 6 for me.

1. Beverley and Veronica (seemed like boring MOR racebots until the midgame where it was revealed that everyone in the race kinda hates them! They were largely competent until the knot tying Roadblock and then we had a few legs of Beveronica just trying to mooch for help from whatever team was near them. Franella and Beveronica had a few confessionals bashing each other and it all culminated in what I still think is the peak of the season, where Franella tried to game the Pass to get Beveronica eliminated but they somehow ended up surviving despite it being a Double Elimination?! It was a truly great performance and probably my favorite episode of the season. Sadly the feud kinda died after that but they were still fun until they boot where they ran a great leg until they couldn't memorize like seven words while doing an obstacle course )
2. Franca and Nella (went from being fun and likable to secretly evil villains to being not exactly likable but kinda rootable? A truly bizarre arc ESPECIALLY for a franchise like this where everyone defaults to MOR or MORP. They're a liiiiitle forced and Aware for my liking and The Alliance was a little annoying at times, but they were amazingly mercenary with trying to break the Pass in order to eliminate Beverley/Veronica AND cancelling the alliance as soon as they didn't want to be slowed down by Catherine and Craig anymore <3 they truly wanted to win more than any team I can remember in recent memory and it's a damn shame that they didn't win out)
3. Jesse and Marika (just kinda fun and likable? They're nice, good people who are also strong racers and weren't boring to watch despite what their edgic strip might imply. I like Jesse a good amount but Marika really ended up being the star of the endgame with her weepy meltdowns every time a team passed them or they got stuck at a task or when they realized that they lost to Catherine and Craig of all people which I don't blame her for?)
4. Jully and Kathy (remarkably ****ty racers but who cares? Jully at the adaptive bike Roadblock was a genuinely great moment and that alone is enough to put them up into green. The elimination is also kind of bull**** especially after what Dave pulled last season AND it kept Cedric/Tychon in the race so I'm still mad about it)

5. Cassie and Jahmeek (yes I am shocked that they are this high but the Jahmeek and Sarah meme was stupidly funny to me! But not only that, I think Cassie provided a lot of meltdown content that would've made the edit in any franchise other than this one? Like, this is a girl who PROUDLY asserted that she delayed getting pregnant for two years so she could get on this extremely mediocre television show and if that doesn't indicate a certain level of craziness that she possesses then I don't know what does?)
6. Catherine and Craig (SO fake and SO annoying and SO obnoxious and it should be funny but it never really got there with me? Their codependence on the alliance was actually annoying as hell and it still feels wrong that they won lmao but Catherine's story is actually sad even in spite of how annoyingly Theater the two of them are. I don't really know what the missing piece was but there was just something that wasn't there that prevented me from enjoying all the fake surprised reactions and cartwheels and ****ty dance moves as they mugged for the camera 25/7)
7. Brendan and Connor (I definitely don't like them, but I didn't really hate them like I expected to? For being the loudly annoying and extremely competent team, they weren't really even that annoying AND they were kinda not the best at racing in the second half of the season? They did impress me that one time where they found a shortcut to get to the Pit Stop and passed Court and Ali. The only thing that really annoyed me about them was the ~in the pocket~ **** but it really was tame in comparison to other **** this show has made me put up with like GIVER)
8. Dennis and Durrell (alol truly one of the most pathetic edgic strips ever <3 They seem like nice people I guess?)
9. Court and Ali (seem like Nice and they had some moments where I found them vaguely likable but there were more moments where I found them vaguely annoying, especially being part of The Alliance despite being so ****ing boring)
10. Cedric and Tychon (I'm unfamiliar with Tychon from BBCan but ultimately I'm not impressed! HE and his dad definitely thought they were Funny and providing Comedy but they were just vaguely annoying)

And then here are my overall and winner edgic charts for TARCan even though no one asked

Spoiler:

Spoiler: