Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I personally found Bo Selecta to be really funny when I was a kid.

Obviously it's a shame that Craig David feels differently, especially considering his career might've been harmed by the Parody, but I think that says more about the public than it does Keith Lemon.

And I personally think that any type of joke should be allowed to be told, I personally think some people need to loosen up and have a laugh at themselves sometimes.

Like in Family Guy for example when they have every British guy look like Tony Blair, to me that's really funny.

Obviously if anyone is being blatantly racist because they're an arsehole then rightly call them out on it, but Bo Selecta was clearly a Comedy skit regardless of if any individual finds it funny or not.

I know we've covered this topic before , and Leigh Francis apologised, but i honestly think alot of his Bo selecta stuff , just like the Little Britain sketches .. have aged badly and it's cringy looking back on them. But i guess it's also the fact that i didn't really find many of them that funny in the first place .

Craig David & Trisha Goddard came off worse from Bo Selecta, I know he did Mel B dirty aswell .. but that character was so OTT and obnoxious that it didn't really affect Mel B as it was so far from reality , weirdly he brought that character back for a special tv show with Mel B herself .

I know you'll argue that Francis was making fun of all celebrities. But he basically centred his tv show around mostly making fun of Craig David , it felt like he had it in for him and the fact it was called 'Bo selecta'. And the Trisha Goddard stuff with the terrible accent, and caricature behaviour was racist. She sounds nothing like that!.