BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I know we've covered this topic before , and Leigh Francis apologised, but i honestly think alot of his Bo selecta stuff , just like the Little Britain sketches .. have aged badly and it's cringy looking back on them. But i guess it's also the fact that i didn't really find many of them that funny in the first place .

Craig David & Trisha Goddard came off worse from Bo Selecta, I know he did Mel B dirty aswell .. but that character was so OTT and obnoxious that it didn't really affect Mel B as it was so far from reality , weirdly he brought that character back for a special tv show with Mel B herself .

I know you'll argue that Francis was making fun of all celebrities. But he basically centred his tv show around mostly making fun of Craig David , it felt like he had it in for him and the fact it was called 'Bo selecta'. And the Trisha Goddard stuff with the terrible accent, and caricature behaviour was racist. She sounds nothing like that!.
The only "impression" that had any possible racism was Trisha. Craig David, Michael Jackson, Mel B... None of their characters had anything racial about them.

Craig David was the kid from Kes, Mel B was Jim Bowen, and MJ was ... Well, MJ's stage persona

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote