View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 05:11 PM #43
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
All, yes ALL political Parties have their shady characters and sides to them.
Politics across the board in the UK is a corrupt place and has been for some time.

It's really odd those who advocated Corbyn as the second coming don't recall the dismay and hurt and the shady and really bad elements under him which saw even Jewish MPs of long standing leave.

Those slamming Labour now were supporting Labour UNDER Corbyn to the hilt no matter what then.
I supported the Party on policy but never Corbyn.
Plus it was obvious issues were there, serious ones.

I was a member then as now and while I never accepted Labour was riddled with antisemitism there were pockets of it.
Which people dismissed as only getting at Corbyn.

So Labour was likely far shadier then.

The independent inquiry showed the party was not riddled with antisemitism but there were issues.
It also felt the leadership should have acted more strongly as to it.
Which was what I saw in the Party.
As a member I even said on here, had that fully independent inquiry found Labour to be riddled with antisemitism I would certainly leave.

Now as then there are things which still need sorting and anyone who has a PROVEN and serious past set of issues as to anything should be called to account.
It is however rich to now claim Labour is really shady while avoiding the other Parties issues too.
Also unbelievably avoiding Corbyn's time as leader where equally so shady characters and practices ended up being proven to be evident too.

There likely isn't in the World ANY Party without shady characters or things about the Party .
There was under Corbyn in Labour and there will be now still too.
As in ALL UK Parties.
NONE are immune as to that.

Politics needs ripping up and re-setting from a whole new start.
Because under the current system of politics in the UK.
Nothing will ever really change.
In any and all political Parties.
Amazing how quickly folks are prepared to fall in line with right wing lies and smears when they feel a little aggrieved

We spoke about all this before, and you seemed to understand what had happened, but after a little dispute today you start spewing labour right nonsense. You knew better, once. Corbyn invited the labour right in - with people like Watson, Starmer has purged the left and attacks us more than tories.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 10-11-2022 at 05:14 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote