View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 07:16 PM #45
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
You really are more insulting my integrity now.
No dispute just that I now firmly do NOT agree with you, as vice versa is the case.

I've never altered my view or thinking at all however think what you will.
I'm not entertaining this nonsense.
Right wing thinking doesn't want nationalising of energy, water and railways.
Realism however dictates that would be harder now at this time.
I would support all those things.

Nothing is achieved in opposition, if a Party cannot and doesn't win elections then they can't get anything addressed or done.
I don't take away loyalty easy once I've given it..

I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me.
However I'll do nothing myself to assist this Con Party in any shape or form.
No Joey, I'm not. You question your own integrity when instead of having the conversation, you rush to try and bring up stuff that you yourself in the not too distant past, said was false - that wasn't me.

If a party can't win elections on it's principles, then you lose elections and you make the arguments again, you don't change your principles. Because any person that sacrifices principles for power is craven and doesn't have your interest at heart.

Starmer has been given the gift of tory fcuk up after tory fcuk up. He has the opportunity to push a slightly more progressive agenda (you know, the stuff he lied about to get elected) because it is in direct opposition to the tories who are historically unpopular, but he isn't, he's going further and further to the right. He's basically telling everyone he's a more competent tory. If you think it's possible he switches from this, to nationalising energy, then that's fair enough. I remain sceptical, however. Re-nationalisation remains overwhelmingly popular with the gbp due to what is happening at the moment, and he's too much of a coward to stand behind it in this climate, so good luck if you think a new set of front door keys is going to offer different solutions to the tories.

My loyalties are not to Corbyn, it's to his policies and principles. If he came out tomorrow and and said we have too many foreigners in the nhs, and Suella should be deporting more people, then I would have no interest, but you and I both know he would never do that.