BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
No Joey, I'm not. You question your own integrity when instead of having the conversation, you rush to try and bring up stuff that you yourself in the not too distant past, said was false - that wasn't me.

If a party can't win elections on it's principles, then you lose elections and you make the arguments again, you don't change your principles. Because any person that sacrifices principles for power is craven and doesn't have your interest at heart.

Starmer has been given the gift of tory fcuk up after tory fcuk up. He has the opportunity to push a slightly more progressive agenda (you know, the stuff he lied about to get elected) because it is in direct opposition to the tories who are historically unpopular, but he isn't, he's going further and further to the right. He's basically telling everyone he's a more competent tory. If you think it's possible he switches from this, to nationalising energy, then that's fair enough. I remain sceptical, however. Re-nationalisation remains overwhelmingly popular with the gbp due to what is happening at the moment, and he's too much of a coward to stand behind it in this climate, so good luck if you think a new set of front door keys is going to offer different solutions to the tories.

My loyalties are not to Corbyn, it's to his policies and principles. If he came out tomorrow and and said we have too many foreigners in the nhs, and Suella should be deporting more people, then I would have no interest, but you and I both know he would never do that.
Oh I'll just leave you to what you think.
Frankly I'm not bothered at your questioning my integrity because I know I haven't budged an inch from my thoughts before and I KNOW that.
So my integrity stays intact in my view.

I'm not going to keep going round in circles
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote