View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 09:00 AM #6

I'm not too sure if there's any deeper meaning to the tweet, other than ITVX launched officially yesterday and pretty much all the ITV show accounts were tweeting ITVX.

ITVX runs a live stream of all the ITV TV Channels, like the ITV Hub did, which is what was referenced by Alice Beer on this morning.

What ITVX also does which ITV Hub didn't is run exclusive online live streams (essentially online tv channels) which will change on season, popularity of shows etc. For example, there's one for Love Island which shows episodes of Love Island all day, another for Hells kitchen etc.

So I think its safe to say ITV has the tech in place to run a live stream, but I think the big question is the legals and how much it costs to produce a 24/7 stream. ITV seem to be going all in on this and as much as I'd like to see 24/7 live stream back, I'm not sure with a 2023 tv audience that will be considerably smaller than the 2000 audience, the audience figures will be high enough to justify the cost of running it.

I think there will be some exclusive ITVX content for Big Brother, perhaps the side show

Last edited by bbuk_fans; 09-12-2022 at 09:16 AM.
bbuk_fans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote