View Single Post
Old 23-01-2023, 10:16 AM #14
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

I wonder if they're going to diverge from the plotline of TLOU2? Fans will lose their **** if it goers the same way . Although, there's a fairly large time jump (5+ years I think) between the two games, so in theory they could have several seasons of "their own thing" between the end of TLOU1 and beginning of TLOU2 and still eventually "go there".

For those who already know the plot of TLOU2 or don't care about potential major spoilers:
Spoiler:

Joel gets his brains bashed in by the daughter of someone he killed in the first game, within the first hour or so of the 2nd game ... can you imagine the reaction of new TV show fans who haven't played the games? Daddy Joel! It would be like the Negan/Glenn scene all over again.

A lot of people hate on the game purely because of that. And because ...half way through the game they switch perspectives and you spend a huge chunk of time playing as his killer (Abby). I personally think she's a great character and the plotline is a good commentary on there being no real "good guys or bad guys" only different perspectives, and on the ultimate futility of cycles of revenge, but boy oh boy did some people hate the fact that Joel died (and Abby for killing him... and the voice actress who played Abby because people are stupid and misogynistic).

If a muscular lady in her early 20's shows up with a golf club in the HBO ... ...there's going to be fireworks.

In fact... thinking about it... the "basement scene" is far MORE brutal than the infamous Negan baseball bat scene.

Last edited by Soldier Boy; 23-01-2023 at 10:18 AM.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote