View Single Post
Old 30-01-2023, 01:07 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
People class Peter as a man child,I've noticed there's more hate towards Lois ...as she's supposed to be the 'responsible' one ...yet she behaves like a selfish idiot aswell.
I don’t mind Peter being the henpecked man-child (that’s a common thing to varying extents both on television and in reality) but I’m not really here for him indirectly being seen as the protagonist and (in anything other than his delusional dreams) man of the house just because he da man of the house. I watch Family Guy through the lens of Stewie and Brian (not just because they’re two of the only smarter, sensible people on that show minus Brian’s intermittent alcoholism) and I’m sure a lot of other people do as well so the whole ‘king Peter’ rhetoric could do with being dialled down.

Having Louis married to Peter is an L but in terms of selfishness they’re almost as bad as each other, just in different ways. I would judge Louis harsher (and she does give off narcissistic vibes sometimes) for it than Peter on account of her being much smarter but there’s enough about her that makes her reasonably non-annoying so she doesn’t bother me too much. I just enjoy her for what she is and ignore the fact that she’s married to who she’s married to.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote