View Single Post
Old 30-01-2023, 05:06 PM #61
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
For me there is no joke that goes too far.

Of course I have jokes from the Show that I don't find funny, but I don't get offended at the jokes because they're just jokes, there's no actual malice behind it.

In my view if anyone is getting offended at jokes from Family Guy then the problem is with you rather than the Show, just like how the issue was with the Muslim community who by and large were getting offended at South Park depicting Mohammed, and even getting the episodes banned in the UK, I remember Patrick on here going mad at the time about it as he was a huge South Park fan, and he was 100% bang on.

Apologies for the long post, but I will always defend Comedy that has no real malice behind it.
The Mohammed episode of South Park was basically them testing Comedy Central to see if they'd actually do it - they didn't show it uncensored anywhere. They aired the episode but the depiction of Mohammed was covered by a big "censored" box as the issue with Mohammed is about it being seen as sacrilege to show an image depicting him. Basically they can take the piss about Islam, they can TALK about Mohammed, they can pretty much push it as far as it goes... Right up to the point of actually showing the image. That's where the network caved.

Understandably as I believe it was all done as a political statement in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo incident. Which does take some cajones .
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote