View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 02:25 PM #17
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

It's just a plagiarism generator - it copies and pastes stuff it finds online, all it does is reword it a bit. It isn't intelligent. It doesn't "think" at all... smoke and mirrors. I found it impressive at first but with a bit of prompting it's easy to trip it up just like any other AI Chat Bot and they've been around for something like 20 years.

It can't write your essays for you. It can't "come up" with anything.

It IS possibly a useful tool for some things because it can generate realistic language - wo you can get it to "rephrase" things for you... e.g. you could copy and paste a sentence and say "rewrite this to be more official sounding" and it will accurately do that. Good for legal documents or complaints or things like that.

I also think once they master realistic "text to speech" and make it sound like a real person it'll be an absolute game changer in gaming... imagine being able to actually talk to a game character. Like it's just loaded up with knowledge of the game world, voice recognition, ChatGPT and a voice generator and you can have a full on conversation with it and it'll respond naturally and in ways it's never responded to anyone else. Like it would know if you were threatening it or swearing at it and could respond accordingly... would know if you were trying to tell it a joke... maybe you could even sweet-talk it into giving you key information . I think it's just on the horizon in that sort of application.

Running up to cars in GTA7 and shouting "Get out the ****ing car!!" or warning all the female NPC's that arista wants to knock them out and see their pants.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote