BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
I know it sounds like an old trope and I'm sure every generation says this but the violence in schools really does seem to be increasing, it's terrifying. Yes there were fights and scraps when I was at school but nothing like it seems now - at my daughters school it seems like there are assaults every day, people getting lured into bathrooms and beat up, people threatened and then followed him to be attacked along the way. Usually someone filming it and it goes around on whatsapp/Snapchat. Constantly police at the school. My daughter's had multiple friends take time off because of being attacked. She herself had a boy put his hands round her neck and police were involved.

And that's a fairly small non-city highschool in Scotland - thankfully nothing involving weapons/knives I've heard of so far but it's definitely a level of violence way beyond when I was at school.
When i was at the village school in the 60s/70s we had gangs of kids fighting with hatchets at the school gates at lunch time and a good friend of mine was stabbed 3 times (and survived). This was at one of the best schools in glasgow
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote