View Single Post
Old 30-03-2023, 12:48 PM #63
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
the lib dems just said that those that don't support gender reform are not welcome in their party, before the last election, Boris said anyone not supporting brexit was not welcome in the conservative party

Whatever happened to being inclusive. It's more exclusive now than i can ever recall from the last 50 years
How I see it, is we've almost become more presidential in our elections, with them being about the personalities of the leaders. Jeremy had a really inclusive labour party, which ultimately ended up hurting him more than helping him, as the right of his party actively sabotaged winnable seats to hurt him.

At least in the US, they really are about the personalities of the leaders, but we have a different system here, so this has killed the inclusitivity and plurality in the parties. There is no head over there to choose which candidates stand for which seats, but here they can be used and bargained for, in order to secure blind loyalty (see nads over Boris), and nor do we have the lords, where more blind loyalty can see them rewarded for life, not just 4-8 years.