BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
I thought the "leaning more heavily into action" aspect was interesting - with 5 being even more action oriented than 4, and then 6 being mostly a straight up action/3rd person shooter game (and getting heavy criticism for it). But it was clearly the direction they wanted to take with series at one point.

Ironically of course - The DMC games are far better action games than Resi 5 or 6 .

I do wonder where they'll go next with the remakes or if 4 is going to be the last... 5 would be a difficult one to remake and 6, I just don't know if there's any desire for one. I think a Resi 6 remake would need to just be a whole new game but still cover the same basic story elements. A lot of it is kind of redundant in terms of the over-arching story.
I like Resi 5 and 6, but I wouldn't want remakes of them, but then again I'm not a huge remake person anyway.

The only remakes that I want are for Yakuza: Like A Dragon and Sonic Frontiers, especially Sonic Frontiers because £45 for a barren Open World with hollow platforming isn't acceptable and should never be acceptable to anybody that likes Video Games imo.

Yakuza 7 admittedly is a personal preference to get the proper Yakuza mainline gameplay instead of the busted RPG version that the Game has.

And when it comes to the last four mainline Resident Evil Games I feel like they all have problems tbh, but my preference is for 5 & 6 over 7 & Village because yes 7 & Village are more Horror than 5 & 6, but 5 & 6 have the proper tone and style of Resident Evil's narrative, plus it's got the Resident Evil cast in 5 & 6 rather than guest appearances from Chris Redfield in 7 & Village, and 5 & 6 are in third person perspective which is my preference for Resident Evil Games.

And DMC are Hack And Slash Games tbf, so the Action should be strong in those Games.

Have you ever watched the DMC Anime? It's not exactly the same as the Games, but it's a fun Show imo.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote