View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 10:04 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Just to mention. Just because I don't agree with the laws introduced for divorce. It doesn't mean I have anything against those that do go through divorce.

My father and mother divorced when I was twelve years old. So I know from experience from a boy about to start his teens that it's a devastating thing to happen to a child's life.

It doesn't mean I dislike my parents or anything. I love them both very much and they have brought me up enough to know right from wrong.

I do think I would have had a much more prosperous life had my family stayed together. I certainly wouldn't have taken the liberties I did if my father was around permanently. I pretty much stopped going to School at 14. That wouldn't have happened if my dad was permanently around. I also probably wouldn't have become a pot head for a lot of my life.

I think a family unit is essential for a child's upbringing and that's my opinion from experience. If you want to divorce then at least wait until the child has grown into an adult would be my advice.

But we can only learn from experience. So those that haven't experienced it know no better.

But the Liberal divorce laws destroyed a lot and a lot of young lives. No matter whether you think they're good laws or not.

It's probably why I love being single and just like doing my own thing. The modern ways are not set up in my favour. So sod em'
Very honest Alf…xx
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote