BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
Just to say on this, a dog should NOT be scared around strangers, a frightened dog is a red flag... if the dog is scared it's in fight or flight mode, "flight mode" = a scared looking dog... if it ends up feeling cornered or trapped there's a HUGE risk that it will become aggressive out of fear. If you have a dog that seems nervous around people that's something you need to work on with training FAST and before you have it around people.

Dogs should really only have two modes around strangers (assuming the stranger is just being a normal person):

1) Happy/welcoming/playful or

2) Disinterested. Some dogs are less social and it's fine if they just stay calm and ignore people entirely.

I do say that this is around people who are just acting normally. Obviously if a stranger is being weird, threatening or aggressive then most dogs will be wary of them or even protective of their owners.

Not mine though, she literally has zero loyalty and would silently watch someone mug me and then probably go home with them if they offered her a treat.
I get your point tbf, I hadn't thought of it like that.

And omg! I'm sure that your Dog is more loyal than you're giving her credit for... I hope.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote