View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 01:17 PM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I'm glad to hear that the Show has improved for you.

Tbh I'm not much of a Soap person, but I do want to see EastEnders get back to more healthy ratings as it is an institution in the UK, just like Doctor Who.

And I understand that TV ratings are lower nowadays, I do wonder if EastEnders could've slowed down it's ratings losses if they'd have avoided certain controversial storylines that I know that a lot of EastEnders fans couldn't stand?
The Ronnie/Kat. baby swap (2011) was a killer blow in terms of controversy and complained about (not just to Ofcom) in a way that no other story had been but 2011 still rated pretty okay. I’d say it wasn’t so much the controversy as the fact that the show was generally just badly managed from 2011/12 onwards (2014 and 2019 were decent) and the fact that some of it was very mundane and stale that turned people off. The over-saturation of the Carters here, there and everywhere after their first year didn’t help. Despite what Danny Dyer continues to say, the show’s been a million times better since he left.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote