View Single Post
Old 06-01-2024, 09:33 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's a different type of crowd but I've thought the the Tetris competitions are like darts, or they would be at least if it got more popular.

BTW, the kid that got the first game crash has just got banned from Twitch because they found from the media coverage that he created his account before he was 13.
…yeah, I get the comparison with darts and maybe snooker would be another one…but is it also a snobbery/judgmental thing as well because couldn’t a similar comparison be made with chess for instance…and would she think that a child ‘should go out and get some fresh air’ if they were a chess master….?…

…the presenter’s name is Jayne Secker and I do think that her view/comment is very narrow and not well thought out…she used the words of speaking ‘as a mother’ in feeling that this was not something of much achievement worth or value etc…and yet as that same mother, she’s downgrading what is an incredible achievement of a child and the praise that deserves and how important it is to encourage something that builds confidence and to recognise their own excellence…gaming is also something that could help build confidence and help children to ‘go outside’ because it’s helped with fears and insecurities with interactions etc…I’m probably overthinking this……but I do feel for that child who is obviously thrilled with their Tetris achievement and rightfully so…and a TV presenter display such criticism, while not balancing it…

…I don’t know anything about Twitch tbh….
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote