View Single Post
Old 21-03-2024, 09:30 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkOutlineMan View Post
Only after he'd gently headbutted the cushion a few times and then saying to himself: 'That doesn't hurt!', as though a fit 26 year old man is going to have the same pain threshold and bone density as a comparatively frail 66 year old woman. Honestly, the whole of his remorse afterward felt so performative and OTT. He's always doing this, finding himself at the center of something and then dragging it out far beyond what's necessary, under the guise of just wanting to broker peace and trying to make amends, etc.

Just to clarify: I don't think he went into the game wanting to hurt her or anything, but like a child, I don't think he wanted to face full responsibility for it. First he seemed to deny to himself the possibility that he might have been too rough with her (him headbutting the cushion and saying it doesn't hurt), and then later putting the blame onto BB for setting up such a silly game in the first place. Though I think he's half-right on that score lol.
…just a little thought that doesn’t change anything and isn’t really relevant but…Fern was wearing a hair clasp at the back of her hair, it was clasped up at the time with one of the larger clasps…I’ve had a back hew bump with one of those in…?…and it does add quite a layer of pain…/…not head injury type concerning stuff…but just the pain aspect…so I’m thinking that gave her a huge OMG, ouch thing as well that Nikita wasn’t figuring in his cushion risk assessment afterwards…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote