CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_
And do you know why the screen in Piccadilly Gardens didn't work? Because some idiots threw stuff at it and broke it. 2 minutes down the road either way there were 2 other massive screens, one in Albert Square and one in Exchange Square, and there were a lot of pubs and clubs in that area who were also televising the event so its not as though there were no alternatives.
Firstly, please don't give bad information. The council accepted the problem with the screen was that the signal from the ground was broken. There were no objects thrown at it, thank you very much - and the big screen was working, but the game wasn't being shown. Instead the screen said "The problem is at the City ground".

Secondly, Albert Sq and Cathedral Gardens also had the viewings but were also crammed with fans and the police were trying to push us down the streets away from them!!

The pubs in the area did show the game. Hence why there were thousands of people spilling out on the streets outside the pub to try and catch the game. But then the riot police started pushing us down the streets so that we were cornered by both ends. From CCTV this looks like a riot but even the police said that it was just an operation to get us from crowding one club.

No bottles were thrown at the screen, the problem was entirely the councils fault and they fully accepted that.
Obviously I wasn't there because I didn't go out until later but thats what I heard off quite a lot of people that I know who went. Apologies if the information was bad.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote