Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB13: Scott
BB12: Louise

Favourites (more):
BB13: Scott
BB12: Louise
Default Ben Kinsella - Gun/Knife Crime

First things first my deepest condolences to Ben's family and friends.

As we all know the gun/knife crime in the UK now is shocking and seems to be ever increasing. Channel 4 have been showing numerous documentaries this week about this. I just have two main questions really:

1) Can this problem ever be solved/is there a solution or will it just get worse?

2) Following the murder of Ben there has been a massive campaign against this knife/gun crime and people with a huge banner saying "WHY BEN" have been parading down the street, it has also been well documented on the news and was a top story on Sky News. Now I understand this is serious and I said earlier my I mean no disrespect to Ben or his family but why has THIS case been so highlighted when there has been so many other deaths this year?
I watched on Channel 4 News a big headline about it then straight after a tiny little mention of a 28 year woman stabbed in South East London (not heard much about that one or not too much about the others either).
Is it fair that because of Ben's families' status he gets more headlines than any others??

I don't think so and it actually angers me a little.
LovelyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote