View Single Post
Old 25-06-2005, 07:31 PM #1
cc100's Avatar
cc100 cc100 is offline
Legendary Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,070


cc100 cc100 is offline
Legendary Senior Member
cc100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,070


Default Big brother Alex in court

FORMER Big Brother star Alex Sibley faces prosecution after the car he drove collided with a pedestrian and killed him.

He is due to appear at Havering Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, July 6 on a charge linked to careless driving.

Mr Sibley, from Parkstone Avenue, Emerson Park, rose to fame in Channel 4's reality show Big Brother 3 in 2002.

On Wednesday the 26-year-old former model attended the inquest of Kurt Lange from Havering Drive, Romford, held at Walthamstow Coroner's Court.

He arrived alone and sat silently throughout the inquest. He was never asked to give evidence.

Mr Lange, 63, a master butcher originally from Germany, died after he was in collision with the offside of Mr Sibley's silver BMW 528 in Balgores Lane on Monday, November 29, 2004, at 4.45pm.

Accident investigator, Pc John Carter, told the inquest that tests put Mr Sibley's speed anywhere from 30 to 41mph, while one speed test put Mr Sibley's possible speed as high as 47mph.

Under questioning from Matthew Holdcroft, counsel for solicitors Kenneth Elliot and Rowe, representing Mr Lange's family, Pc Carter said he thought Mr Sibley had been speeding.

He said the tests were based on the fact Mr Lange tumbled 8.6 metres.

Pc Carter said: "His speed must have been in excess of 30mph. We can't quantify it, but it could be a fairly small increase or his speed could have been substantially above the limit, we just don't know."

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/con...A00%3A04%3A650
cc100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote