Thread: Interviews
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 03:24 PM #7

I have interviewed a few people.

1: Be on time. If you get held up, call them as soon as you know and keep them informed

2: Be smart. As it is going to be a food based job get your nails short and spotless.

3: As has been said make eye contact. Speak clearly.

4: If you are not sure what they mean on a question, don't be afraid to ask for clarification. It is better to know than bodge your way through.

5: Be ready for questions that don't have a yes and no answer. Things like "what are you looking for from this job" Obviously a wage. But they would rather hear things like. "to work in a busy team environment where I can improve my skills whilst working with the public." It sounds sucky, but would you employ someone who "just wants a job" that they have no interest in?

6: Ask them questions about their organisation and what they would expect from you. It shows you are thinking about the job and not just the wage.

7: Try not to worry. If you get nervous and start to cock up explain it is your first interview and you are nervous. They should appreciate your honesty.

Just a thought. Have you got time to pop to a Subway before your interview and ask the staff their what sort of things they were asked? (if they are not busy)

Finally, good luck.
Nurse57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote