View Single Post
Old 16-08-2008, 03:00 PM #33

I have a big opinion on this and i am completely open about this. And yes I do think it has gone, for the better? I think so.

I dont celebrate "Christmas" I celebrate "Xmas" the commercial version, I dont believe in god, I dont believe in Jesus. I believe in the family getting together for a meal giving each other presents while listening to songs you can only listen to on that day. Its special in its own way, None religious people should still be able to celebrate Christmas its not just a religious holiday anymore its a time when the world comes together and forgets everything and gets along.
If people dont like Atheists celebrating it well I dont care, Me and my family enjoy it and to me that is all that matters, i dont give two flying donkeys about wether I am harming the religion, Christianity means nothing to me. The same in fact goes for easter, to me... easter is just an excuse to eat chocolate and have some time off. Do I care about the roots or religion? Do I heck, If I am having fun why does it matter? Thats a big reason I am atheist in the first place, I have better things to do with my time than to read a stupid made up book and read its rules and follow them, Im gonna live life my way and I will do what I want.
If I want to celebrate Ramadan, I will! No one Muslim is going to stop me.
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote