View Single Post
Old 03-01-2002, 03:06 PM #5

I like the fact that it's a little unpolished. I've got a couple of dusty videos lying about that intimidate me senseless with the perfectly poised instructor and friends.

In my formative years I went to dance classes, which I was rubbish at, but enjoyed. This video has the inclusive feel of a dance class in some community centre, but without the Boys Brigade peering through the window at you.

I know what you mean about the misinformation re diet advice ROB. I was quite disappointed to discover that there was no recommendation for me to eat five chocolate eclairs and a mars bar. The same applied to the apparent lack of advice on who shouldn't exercise. I can only guess the woman got some pre-release copy that didn't have the standard advice slotted into the beginning. Unlike my callanetics video this didn't claim to improve my sex life!

While I'm fighting the cause - I recall the Scum made sarcy comments about Helen trying to hide flabby bits beneath her trousers. Well Mr Scum Man, according to The Scotsman's S2 bit yesterday, sensible clothes like cut-off drawstring trousers and longer tops are all the rage in the gym these days! It appears silly little lycra things and leg-warmers are not practical for the serious fitness fan.

They also did a bit about how it's celebs that lead the trends in fitness and briefly mentioned Helen's video along with a list of others, but didn't say anything interesting.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote