CBB22: Nick Leeson

Quote:
Originally posted by Christina
Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
This is that film

Produced by Barnardos

Quote:
NOTE: We recommend that children under 13 years old should not view this film without parental consent.

The shocking but real dialogue that features in this film gives a clear indication of how the UK today is demonising children.

A concerning issue present in todays society is the increasingly negative way in which young people are viewed by the general public. A growth in anxiety over the presence of youths in our communities has led to a significant level of social exclusion towards them.

While there are serious offences committed that do require appropriate action, the positive contributions that young people make in their communities is going largely unnoticed.

At Barnardo's, we want people to recognise that children who are troublesome and engage in antisocial behaviour are often those most in need of support. Our work demonstrates that the majority of children who start down the wrong path can be helped to change direction.

Barnardos
YouTube Home page
Thats actually quite disgraceful!

And being in South London i think kids around the age of 15-18 are sterotyped wayy too much! I know alot of my primary school friends who went to private schools think that most of the people in my school are gangsters etc.. Im not a gangster and i go to that school? And the majority of the girls in my school are the same!

There may be your fair share of fights etc.. but isnt that the same in every school? I can totally understand why boys/girls in hoodies could be intimidating to others but not EVERY child is like that, there are some good people out there!

Im also going to bring race into this because i know some people actually on tibb [naming no names] who actually really angered me one time when they said something along these lines 'Its mainly black people who do bad stuff in South London isnt it? I mean you dont see a white person on the news everyday being killed/killing do you?'. Just because there are quite alot of young black youths being killed it dosent mean that everyone is like that. And it was totally ignorant of them. I think its stereotyping awful thing to do. But theres two sides to every story i suppose..?
I feel sickened that actual people in the UK have used those comments aggainst teenagers!! WTF!!! When did this ad air? Did it ever air on TV?
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote