View Single Post
Old 14-12-2008, 02:38 PM #38
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic
Hmm, I have read some of Stick's stories (dipped in and out) and I do agree with the fact that sometimes they can be slightly long winded, and a tad too explicit, making them rather dull at times. (the earlier ones more)

But I do love the ideas.
So are you saying the later stories in the Mystical Realms series are better?

If we want a history of the Mystical Realms sagas, season one never aired here. Season one aired on the Channel 4 Reach forum in 2001, and was originally going to be a unique way of saying I was not going to post there as I was being flame attacked.

Also Season one, such as it was, in the period of 2001 before the flame attack was started, started off in the first person as a homage to Phil Marlow talking about BB2. When the flame attack happened it was done in the style of newspaper clippings and lapsed into third person.

Season two, in 2002, I tried to do on one of my own websites and a link put on TiBB, but it never took hold.

I did try later to do Mystical Realms stories, but they never flowed and were not in a fan fiction section. There are somewhere lost in the database of TiBB

With the launch of the fan fiction section in 2007, my suggestion for those interested in the interactive story, I thought I ought to come up with something so I dug up the Mystical Realms franchise from 2001 and I went back to first person, as a homage to how I started it all, so I determined that aborted attempts were not canonical, and that this would be season three.

So Season three, the first to air here, was entirely composed in the post reply box every Saturday, and as this was primarily a Big Brother forum, for the reintroduction, like Season one used BB2 as a back drop, I used BB8 as a backdrop.

The vignettes between season three and four, were also written directly into the post reply box.

Once I got to Season 4, on writing the very first episode, I tried to write in the post reply box, but realised I had to be some place else, so what I had written so far was put into a word document to continue later, and from then on, I started the habit of writing episodes off line in Word.

Although the inter season vignettes were third person, I used first person for season four and then season five.

Season five was the last one in first person, because of how the story panned out, so for season six, the tales and season seven, I went to third person. (Season eight is also to be third person)

If you think the earlier first person ones were explicit, a friend of mine who read the seasons three to six and the tales, said that season six was more violent, because possibly of the use of the third person.

I do realise my current output are longer in terms of the size of postings, all I can think of, is that I do a lot of research now for each one and try and get as much of it in as I can. I also provide hyperlinks to background reading, should anyone be interested. Sort of like DVD extras.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote