Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Quote:
Originally posted by Dezzy
I'm supporting the Jeff Buckley version because I think it's superior. Although I've grown to like the first minute or so of Alex's version (Where she's just singing with a guitar and not a flippin' gospel choir and orchestra then it gets stupid).

Hallejulah is a very understated song and it doesn't work well when it's overproduced like the X Factor version. X Factor songs in general are DIRE as they're just a quick and easy recording of a song that's bound to get to number 1, you can almost hear the sound of cash registers in the ice cold arrangements in them. They're swiftly forgotten and nobody really likes them much after the initial week (How many times have you played Leona's or Leon's XF singles recently?).

All the X Factor singles have the same formula, listen to them one after the other and you'll pattern emerging. I'm angry that the XF has used such a mechnical way to murder a brilliant song. I just wish they didn't bring in an orchestra or choir, Alex's Hallejulah might have been decent then.
I agree with every single word.
x3
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote