View Single Post
Old 20-01-2009, 10:50 PM #14

I haven't looked at the percentage drop in audience between CCB5 and CCB6, but I would expect it to be in line with the drop between BB7 and BB9

The ratings have dropped dramatically on the main show since the Jade Goody affair. I was expecting the drop for BB8 but I thought things would start to pick up for BB9, but they continued to fall. Now that's not good.

While ratings continue to full we won't have the red button, the web coverage on the C4 BB site will be cut back, slowly the channel will kill the show off and will drop BBLM and the other spin off shows. Before we know it, unless BB10 is a success, we will find ourselves watching BB11 on E4.

Then question comes will Channel 4 commission BB12 with the down turn in advertising revenues caused by the credit crunch?

My gut felling at the moment is that the show needs something to make it buzz again, or it could find itself on a on some cheap and nasty satellite station. It's not reaching it potential audience in the 16-34 age range and those it does reach are being most affected by the credit crunch which is turning advertisers off.

It's all bad news for BB
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote