View Single Post
Old 20-05-2009, 01:12 PM #18
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu

'You put it their' - tell that to a rape victim. 'Due to the baby not having a normal life' ... pretty double standard - ''Daddy wanted to not have you because you are in a wheelchair and can only understand about half of what im saying.'' - putting a bit of a harsh Darwanistic twist on the whole affair.
Did you miss my bit out about rape on purpose? I think thats pretty acceptable. But if getting rid of it is going to stop pain which could be avoided (physical for the baby, mental for the people around it) then I think thats fair enough too.

I've seen quite a lot of ill babies lately (ill nephew) and it isn't nice at all ... but if the parents want to keep it then thats up to them, but I think its acceptable if they don't want to in that type of case anyway.

Quote:
Their are also a lot of definitions for 'unborn baby'. Some people do not consider a foetus to be a child. Others who want an abortion should not be deprived of it just because of your opinion. Like I said, im anti abortion myself, but im not stupid enough to try and make choices for other people.
I'm not trying to make choices for other people, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't agree with killing an unborn baby because its an inconvenience. If thats the case then she should've kept her legs shut and he shouldn't kept it in his pants. If they used contraception and they were unlucky ... well bad times but deal with it. You should know it isn't 100% effective anyway so there is still the chance.
True, their is no such thing as a 100% proof condom, but im still not quiet sure where you stand on it, to be honest. You said your not trying to make choices for other people but with the condom issue you say 'bad times but deal with it'. Thats what I cant stand. Im totally against abortion but im not stupid enough to want to make it a legal matter. Chris Rock said it best - ''if a woman gets pregnant she does not want to hear about **** from you or **** from the government''. It is a simple argument but a true one nontheless.

And if your going to give the anti-abortion argument I still think it is quiet hypocritical to be open to the abortion of ill babies. Especially when broken condom parents have to 'deal with it' but it is okay to terminate a foetus to prevent the parents from having to raise a sick child? Judge love for a child on a scale of health? Im sure their are many physicaly ill or mentaly sick people in the world who would say 'hell no!' if you asked them 'if we went back in time, would you like to have been aborted?'.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote