View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 01:22 PM #25

Quote:
Lesley Sanderson’s Parents Fear For Her Life

And they blame BB for what has happened…

By: Davina Earl on 01/11/2005

The parents of Lesley Sanderson - the BB star currently caught up in a media furore over her rape allegation - have spoken out today about their fears for their daughter.

Paul and Heather Sanderson claim that Lesley’s fortnight of fame in the Channel Four house have destroyed her.

Lesley’s mother told the Star: “I just fear we will get a knock at the door one day telling us she’s been found in a ditch.”

She continued: “We are scared to death for her.”

“She’s wasted all her money on drink, partying and hangers-on. When I heard what had happened to her I was physically sick.”

“All this has happened since she went on Big Brother. Our lives will never be the same again.”

“No-one from the show warned us there was a chance of anything like this. I just wish she’d never got on the show in the first place…As we watched her over the two weeks we saw all the confidence and fun drain from her. It was agonising. I broke down in floods of tears on the bed. I phoned the producers and asked them to pull her from the show.”

“But they said she was an adult and could make her own decisions.”

Lesley’s dad added: “I don’t how the people at Big Brother can sit back and watch a good family torn apart. I will hold them personally accountable for anything else that happens to Lesley.”

And Paul does not reserve his bitterness solely for the programme-makers, he is also angry with Derek, one of Lesley’s fellow contestants.

Paul blames the Tory speech-writer for Lesley’s decision to waiver her right to anonymity over her rape case, saying: “I don’t know how Derek Laud can sleep at night.”

Derek himself countered with: “I told her on several occasions not to do it as it could prejudice a court case…she made that decision on her own. I said from the outset I did not intend to get involved in a family feud.”
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=10051
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote