View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 06:31 AM #20

Quote:
Originally posted by BB fernzy

The problem with Steve was hit attitude and that he was a soul singer that was in fact souless.

They just have to give the winning act the right song's, and mainly original ones and then they will be fine. The current market is difficult and it's based on your song's.
That sounds familiar!

The singles market is unpredictable, but you can still get away with selling any old tat as far as albums are concerned. G4's first album was all covers, and it sold more copies in its first week of release than brookstain's has in total. If Jon didn't look like a girl and have the ability to cry to order, I don't think they'd ever have got as far as an album of duets with 'friends' they've never met. And people are still buying Westlife records, which I'll never be able to understand.

I think Brenda should go, as she's the weakest act left now. I thought it was going to be a Shayne vs. Andy final, but of course it will be three acts in the final this year instead. It always annoys me when people suggest that it's somehow corrupt, but I do think that each judge will be left with one act each in the final on December 17th. I think Shayne will make it on his own fan base, and Simon & Sharon have a lot of supporters that back them as much, if not more, than their acts. Andy is without doubt the best vocalist left, but as many have noted he's quite boring, and he's been below par for the last few weeks. So I think Andy will go this Saturday.
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote