Favourites (more):
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones
Strictly 2009: Ali & Brian

Elite Member

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2009: Lucie Jones
Strictly 2009: Ali & Brian

Sugababes pull out of headline show

Sugababes have pulled out of a headline performance at the Scottish Royal Variety Show on Thursday.

The appearance, which was expected to be their first live show since new member Jade Ewen joined last month, has been scrapped because of "legal issues".

A statement on behalf of the group reads: "Following the recent and well documented change of lineup to Sugababes, there are a number of legal issues to be finalised by all parties in order that the band can move forward.

"Sadly, whilst these negotiations are approaching completion, it will not be possible for the band to finalise its business affairs prior to Thursday's event."

The group apologised for the "inevitable inconvenience and disappointment" of cancelling the date and promised to organise a show with profits donated to the Royal Blind Society, the Scottish Royal Variety's chosen charity.

"This is such a disappointment to all of us because not only were we looking forward to this being our very first gig together, but my dad happens to be blind and my mum is partially sighted, and I know first-hand the great work the charity does for families like mine," Ewen said.

"That's why Heidi, Amelle and I have agreed to put on our own gig to support this massively worthwhile cause."

Sugababes release new single 'About A Girl' on November 9. Their album Sweet 7 follows on November 23.
Ross is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote