View Single Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:59 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkie View Post
She can't win really - if she's not being criticised for being a soft touch, she's criticised for being too harsh. If she's not criticised for having favourites, she's accused of being uninterested in the show.

I've no problem with Davina and when she's on fire, she's fantastic (BB9 is her best series of late as the entertaining characters got evicted week after week, so she had some great interviewees to work with). However, the format of the eviction show does her no favours at all, or placing her in a baying mob - and indeed wearing black. The evictions shouldn't be so depressing - they should be the highlight of the week as they were back in the early days - and I do find Davina more watchable on other shows now, when she's not in black!

Interesting though watching her on This Morning saying she's now thankful the show has been axed as it's forcing her to move on and do other things - and I've said for the last few years BB and Davina weren't doing each other any favours, with Big Brother needing a change of direction, and holding Davina back. She needed to cut her links with BB for her career to move on.

The most gutting thing on This Morning though was Holly Willoughby is clearly a massive fan of the show and I've said for the last couple of years she'd have been the ideal replacement - more than capable of stepping into Davina's shoes but doing the show her own way, but more importantly the tabloids love her and Holly taking over would have generated alot of publicity for the show.
I don't think Holly would present BB. She is being paid a chunk load for This Morning. I think Big Brother should move to channel 5 with Emma Willis being the new presenter!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote