View Single Post
Old 26-02-2010, 04:42 PM #58
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat! View Post
LOL! youre ridiculous! that is in infamy in teh Real World, and people get hurt all the time on the program. If you seen the Challenges, there was a fight when this dude Brad, got punches so badly he almost lost his eye. Its fair enough youy dont believe some things are real on the show, but to call everything fake, fake, all the time, even the ones that are obviously not fake, just is silly! That fight on the clip, was obviously not fake. The stuff that youre seeng on that clip, is not even what was shown on the show. Thats the stuff they didnt show, after the beginning of the fight, which is all that was shown. THat clip is actually called "stuff they didnt show". There is history between those 2 people, they have fought 3 times in total on the RW show and on the challenges. THe 2 of them got sent home after the punch up, because its on their contract. And that potentially cost them alomst 1/2 a million dollars. I am not even gonna say more, because that whole fight was infamous. This is not BB, where they are worried about OFcom and craap like that! Real World is nowhere under the same scrutiny, and yeah, people sing non liability agreements. The RW shows are actually tame compared to the stuff they do on their Challenges, which are compewtitions between former housemates, where they can win loads of money, and that clip was from one of those challenges.

anyways, here's the Brad Darrell thing:
All the big fights pretty much HAVE to be staged/faked/exaggerated because like I've stated before the production company has a DUTY OF CARE to it's employees (including the castmates obviously) and it's a point that neither you or DC have managed to squah yet. If the crew doesn't intervene in a situation that could prove very harmful to a crew member or HM then they are liable for it. I'm not gonna repeat myself any more since I've basically stated this point in detail before.

The fact that they showed the 'fight' in this 'Stuff they didn't show' episode basically tells me it was most likely exaggerated at best because if it got as severe as they said and nobody intervened then MTV would be liable for any harm and showing the episode in question would only serve to incriminate themselves if it did happen. Even taking the liability issue out of it, MTV could be charged with negligence if they REALLY let someone push another person of a balcony or if a fight got so severe.

I never once referred to Ofcom so nice job in trying to stuff words in my mouth, I've kept it strictly to law. I've conceded that the less dramatic moments of RL are likely to be real but these big moments are just too fishy to be true. People give MTV too much credit. Enjoy the RW for what it is, trashy fun. It's nothing more or nothing less.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote