View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:13 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
So every parent who does not watch their child 24/7 is to blame if they are abducted? I suppose you would say that Denise Bulger and Sarah Payne are responsible for the abduction and murder of their children too? These parents have not done anything countless others have not done before and since. It's wonderful to have hindsight isn't it? - I should think they beat themselves up over this every day of their lives, and I find it incredible that people cannot find any compassion for them.

At the end of the day the abductor(s) are the guilty ones - the most these parents are guilty of is lack of judgment and naivety in believing that their children were safely asleep close by. You make it sound as if every child unattended for even a minute (as in the case of Jamie Bulger) is fair game for any passing abductor and somehow the parents "deserve" it.
Do you go out on the pish in foreign countrys leaving your kid home alone angus?

In the UK leaving a child that age alone would have been classified as neglect/abuse by Social Services and chargeable under UKs laws - because bad situation they have not been prosecuted after return to UK

Last edited by Claymores; 04-05-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Claymores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote