View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 PM #19
Honourary Super Moderator

Honourary Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post
On the last 'Americas Got Talent' they were doing those sort of 'run-through clips' of people who were buzzed or passed.
They show a quick clip of what you suppose is a hapless amateur playing bagpipes. Buzzers going off and the judges groaning faces,
but,
low and behold it is a fairly well-known Canadian comedian 'Johnny Bagpipes' who is a regular on the club circuits and has appeared on television approx 500 times over the last 10 or 15 years.
Why is he down there on Americas Got Talent?
I suspect because he is not as well known in the USA and so he was good to fill up some time for them?

I totally agree that anyone with an 'Agent' ought to be an automatic disqualification from Big Brother.
I might accept that a singer or entertainment act has some limited degree of 'professional' experience,
but,
nothing annoys me more than a 'reality show' where the very core idea was putting 'regular everyday people' into a media spotlight.. ..only to find out nearly all of them are actors, models and were picked by which Agents made deals with what Ch.4 Agents to promote which models.
Ugh.

Exactly. Always comes out afterwards too. They never announce that such and such has been 'in the circuit' for X amount of years before these shows. No wonder so many people believe reality is no such thing anymore and feel cheated by them
Kerry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote