View Single Post
Old 28-06-2010, 06:40 PM #39

Favourites:
BB11: Caoimhe
CBB7: Jonas

Favourites:
BB11: Caoimhe
CBB7: Jonas

England fans can be too hasty to call for their managers heads, and end up forming wrong opinions of the management of their national team.

I was watching 'You're on Sky Sports' last night when a angry caller voiced his opinion on Capello, saying that he wouldn't even have won the Welsh cup. This reminded me of Steve McClaren a couple of years ago who had a very good spell as Middelsbrough manager before taking over as England boss but let England down and gained a reputation as being a poor manager I have a feeling a lot of English people will think this in future when hearing Capello's name. The caller on the programme last night failed to remember the successes of Capello in Italy and Spain and no matter what he achieves, four games could give him a bad name forever with the England faithful.

To me, it wouldn't have mattered who had managed these group of players, they have never been good enough as a team to match major South American nations or even the Europeans at that. I think for once England should give their man a chance, four games ago he was set to become one of the greatest managers in England history, now his reputation in England is in the gutters. His team has relatively the same players that won their qualifying group, he's using the same tactics and players now as he was then.

Can a manager really change that much over 4 games in all honesty?
Big Brother Fan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote