CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother Fan View Post
England fans can be too hasty to call for their managers heads, and end up forming wrong opinions of the management of their national team.

I was watching 'You're on Sky Sports' last night when a angry caller voiced his opinion on Capello, saying that he wouldn't even have won the Welsh cup. This reminded me of Steve McClaren a couple of years ago who had a very good spell as Middelsbrough manager before taking over as England boss but let England down and gained a reputation as being a poor manager I have a feeling a lot of English people will think this in future when hearing Capello's name. The caller on the programme last night failed to remember the successes of Capello in Italy and Spain and no matter what he achieves, four games could give him a bad name forever with the England faithful.

To me, it wouldn't have mattered who had managed these group of players, they have never been good enough as a team to match major South American nations or even the Europeans at that. I think for once England should give their man a chance, four games ago he was set to become one of the greatest managers in England history, now his reputation in England is in the gutters. His team has relatively the same players that won their qualifying group, he's using the same tactics and players now as he was then.

Can a manager really change that much over 4 games in all honesty?
I see what you're saying mate and I agree but, for me, I was stunned by his lack of ideas. Hiddink was mentioned earlier, if he'd been in charge he'd have done more. I had a long discussion with a couple of people last bight in the England Germany thread where they basically said England were completely outclassed all the way through the game and frankly were never in the game. I didnt agree and I still dont agree. I think that if bolder substitutions were made and maybe a change of formation then things might have been different. Germany were perfectly set up to play against yesterdays England side and Cappello did ***** all about it. Thats poor management IMO

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 28-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote