View Single Post
Old 13-06-2006, 05:31 AM #1

Default Helen and Paul have split

I'm sorry to have break this news, I thought they were for keeps.

Quote:
We are blinkin' through

By SARA NATHAN
TV Editor

DIPPY Big Brother star Helen Adams has dumped lover Paul Clarke — five years after they fell in love on the show.

Hairdresser Helen, 28 — famous for saying “Oh, my God” and “I love blinking, I do” — ended the romance after a rocky few months.

She said: “I felt like the Wicked Witch because I was first to say something. Once we started being honest, we realised we get on better as friends.”

The pair, who met on BB2, have sold their home in Barnet, North London, and are renting separate flats.

Paul, 29, admitted last night: “The last couple of months have been hell. But deep, deep down we know we’re making the right decision.

“From the day we met, we’ve never had time apart. We need to find ourselves again.”

The couple had the longest-running BB romance.

Tom McDermott, 35, and Claire Strutton, 29, met on the first Big Brother in 2000 and had a son, now three. But they split last year.

BB3’s Sophie Pritchard wed Lee Davey and had a son Max, now six months, but recently broke up.

And BB5’s Michelle Bass and Stuart Wilson — who famously romped under the dining table — split last July.

Last year Helen, from Wales, told The Sun she dreamed of a pink diamond engagement ring.

But Paul said yesterday: “For five years people have been asking me, ‘How's Helen? When are you getting married?’ It starts to drain you. It’s not that I don’t like talking about Helen, I just wanted to be a private person again.”

Helen told Heat magazine: “We’ll always be friends and Paul will still help me with long words.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...270286,00.html

Updated 13-6-2006 03:28 PM:
Click on the thumbnails to read interview.

Update: magazine scans display at right size now.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote