Old 13-07-2010, 02:27 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam
Default The best HM by a country mile

I'm perfectly aware Ben is not Mr Perfect, but then I don't know anyone perfect in real life either. Just because I support him, doesn't mean I'm oblivious to his faults, but that I like him IN SPITE of them because I see other character traits that I do like. I could probably say the same about everyone I know including family members, as I'm sure all of us could.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the hell anyone would want to know people like Ife, Corin, Keeva, JJ, Josie, Mario and Scabby etc in real life, but these no-marks have their followers and good luck to them. Apparently they're "real" and "honest" but how are they any more real or honest than Ben?

It goes to show how obsessed some Ben haters are that they sit and weigh up every nuance of every word he says, the way he says it, his mannerisms etc, so that they can gleefully sieze upon something to criticise him about.

Let's weigh the evidence:

He doesn't do tasks unless he wants to - I KNOW.
He doesn't do much washing up, cleaning etc - I KNOW.
He gets others to do things for him - I KNOW.
He has an acerbic, cutting wit - I KNOW.
He bitches like the rest of them - I KNOW.

BUT

Ben is the funniest person in the house - his one-liners are legendary; he is self deprecating; he admits his many faults; he never raises his voice or loses his temper, preferring to deal with things diplomatically; he's the first to apologise when he knows he's upset someone, even when its not necessary IMO. He can take criticism and insults without losing his cool, and he is basically a kind person.

For me, he is fast becoming my all time favourite housemate, but I am not daft enough to believe he will win this show, although I think he deserves to.
So I'm just going to carry on enjoying watching him for however much longer he has in the house.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote