View Single Post
Old 18-06-2006, 04:39 PM #58

Celebrity Love Island - well perhaps they could put both of them on it. Helen on her own I dont think would be a good thing - too close to the breakup. I do hope that Helen isnt setting her sights on a media careeer now because I honestly think it is too late for that.

As others have said if you are lucky once you have got past that honeymoon period you learn to be each other's best friend and soul mate. I really thought this was what had happened to them.

It is so easy to give up on relationships, I know my OH and I have had our ups and downs in the past, perhaps it was the kids that kept us together I dont know, but we always sat down and discussed matters. I know when the kids were young I always put them first, but now they have left home we have had to build a relationship with just the two of us, and know what its Great. His accident last year made me realise he really is my best friend, it could have been so different. He really was lucky.

Paul and Helen had it hard right from the start with all the media attention, it was a wonder they got together in the first place. Makes me want to sti them down, bang their heads together and tell them to remember how it felt then. Is it worth giving up all the good time for an uncertain future?

As Helen always said she felt as if part of her is missing when she was away from Paul. Lets hope she feels that way now.

Though why Helen wants to live in Bristol I dont know. Perhaps it was an iniital compromise to be halfway between Newport and Reading. But Bristol will give her a great welcome. she can always come to me for a cup of tea and a chat.

The problem is that for a lot of us 2001 was Paul and Helen. It was so nice to see genuine love growing in the house rather than the 'lets have a relationship to keep us in' that seems to be the thing now.

Five years is a long time to be together, there will be lots of reminders for them (as well as for us). But if they really arent right for each other then it is better for them to break up now rather than get married, have children and then break up.

I think we were all in such a state of shock when we first heard its taken a few days to sink in.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote