Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyG View Post
I had to laugh out loud because whenever we discussed the sort of dysfunctional teen girls supporting Shabby I had this sort of comical picture in my mind of what this group would look like if standing to themselves,
and,
this was exactly.. i mean exactly what I imagined. I mean just a perfect match LOL!

These poor girls have got to realize that 'forcing dysfunction in others faces' is not how to solve their problem and is definitely not a 'right' they need to push through.
That social awkwardness, poor self-esteem, misfitting and having weight problems is not a 'cause'.
It is not solved by 'embracing it' and then creating a sort of 'gay rights drive' where you force society to accept it!

Instead, realize that you are not worthless or less for being awkward and accept yourself where you are,
then,
take control by working out yourself, improving yourself, finding ways to compensate for shortcoming by developing your other strengths and for example:
- become excellent at humour and wit and laughs?
- you won't be a face model so become known as a 'sport model'. Excel in weight training, long-distance running or why not archery?
- Maybe you are shy and witless but become admired for being the listener and the thoughtful thinker in social circles - we need more of those!
- Excel in scholastic expertise. be the next great female historian professor, the new generation librarians or a maths geek like Andrew.

Those are good ideas and don't worry if none of them suit you because the point is you can find your own unique way!

A bad idea is to celebrate dysfunction and problems as if they were an identity and believe that the solution is to 'force society to accept them/you'.
It won't happen.
and btw I agree the world is full of BS and unfair attitudes,
but,
the way you (dysfunctional shabbyites) get power and control is over yourselves and funnel it right into self-improvement and unique abilities and believe me gals,
believe me.. .. it WILL be worth it and you will have the 'last laugh'. Only at that point you won't need to 'laugh' because you will be that confident in yourself.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote