BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Post of the Decade:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
If you criticize Brian you're a homophobe, if you criticize Makosi (or any black/non white HM) you are racist and if you criticize Nadia you're anti-trannie.

I'm surprised no one has threatened to go to the NSPCC for the criticism of Nikki!

Enough with the card carrying BS. It is possible for those gay HMs to be arseholes (no pun intended- male HM) and transsexuals and non whites to be loud mouthed idiots. I've also noticed that people tend to be less bothered if it's a gay female HM that is getting criticized!!! But hey, sexism (against men and women) is never mentioned!!!

Being gay, transsexual and/or non white does NOT mean you are immune from the faults that the rest of the human race has!!!! It does NOT give you *special* qualities and make you a nice person.

And if you can't accept that you have some serious growing up to do.

I'm not even so sure you can't make some reasonable teasing of those specific identities.
Many people (and before Marcy in BB9) brought up how it was acceptable to tease or mock someone's regional dialect in an impersonation of their voice.
A HM might mimic another for a manx way of saying something or perhaps they spoke slowly,
but,
If the HM being 'impersonated' affects a 'gay lisp' then impersonations are crimes.
If the HM has a regional dialect outside the UK its possibly a racist crime.

Years ago the US Comedian Dennis Miller did a 'rant' about this where he pointed out some of these 'hypocrisies' and how he can absolutely RIP Lawyers in his act.
(maybe other examples like Cops, Southerners, Intellectual Elites) but his point was how if he made rips on homosexuals then it was suddenly 'off limits'.
What he was actually trying to say was that he resented gays being treated unequally as if they were so weak, so powerless, such fragile little 'faberge eggs' that it was an insult to treat them as if they needed such protection at all.
Lawyers can take a joke and understand its not really a threat. Southerners know its a joke and don't actually take it seriously. Gays need to step up and take it too.

People get to sit in BB living rooms and tell others their God doesn't exist. If they sincerely believe that then so be it. That is capturing a real person who really thinks the other has it wrong.
Likewise, if a HM sincerely tells another they think homosexuality is a perversion then so be it. That's a real person being observed saying a real thing they believe.

And as far as I'm concerned - I would rather have this simply out in the open where it does get addressed, discussed, EVEN IF people disagree but then let the court of public discourse work it out.
By 'suppressing it' you don't do anything but hide it and it never changes, is never enlightened. So what is the point of that?

Anyways, /rant
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote