Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraC View Post
he nodded at him once or twice, it would be like asking my aunty for a quote on how she feels about the death of diana because she shook her hand once.
Kate is Kate not Catherine so it is pretentious to call her Catherine when noone else does. And when Ben was at univercity he was dating someone else, ben commented on that, try them nuggets!
Whatever interaction Ben had with the happy couple at university, .....does not change the fact that ITV invited him on and gave him the opportunity to make lots of comments.
Catherine is Catherine, not Kate. Its her given name and the one on her birth certificate, its also the name she will have for any royal honours bestowed upon her after marriage.
Its not pretentious in the slightest to use your birth name in any context......especially for official announcements....and many people will always prefer to call her my her given name and not the shortened version.
My MIL for instance would never ever shorten her childrens name and would get quite cross when other people did.Did that make her pretentious.??
pices is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote