View Single Post
Old 19-12-2010, 10:55 PM #7
Banned

Banned

From favourite to least.

1. Order of the Phoenix - I think it's a great all round book and it's the first tiem we get answers to a lot of long standing questions. Plus there's like a stack of brilliant new characters introduced. Also I've never truly hated a villain like I did with Umbridge so points for that.

2. Deathly Hallows - It's brilliant, very emotional in parts and plus the last third is absolutely amazing and the first two thirds are pretty snazzy as well.

3. Goblet of Fire - It's the book I've read the most, I remember genuinely being shocked to the core by the ending as I didn't think that event would happen so soon.

4. Half Blood Prince - This used to be higher, It's still a brilliant book but it's ultimately a bridge inbetween OOTP and DH rather then a self contained story. It's got great character development though.

5. Prisoner of Azkaban - This used to be my favourite before the later books came out. I consider the series to be split in two halves. ou've got the first three books which function more as their own self contained stories and then you've got the second half where everything's more intricately linked. POA is the best book of the first half.

6. Chamber of Secrets - It used to be my least favourite book but after reading it recently I remembered it's merits again. It's got more of a thriller element to it which is unique to this book.

7. Philosopher's Stone - It's not a bad book but it doesn't age as well as the others.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote