View Single Post
Old 29-12-2010, 02:06 PM #6
Blue Waffle ¬_¬

Blue Waffle ¬_¬

Xmas TV was absolutely dire this year and Eastenders was awful. So many inconsistencies and borign moments.

* Ronnie and Roxy moping around about Archie again seemed very repetative and built up to nothing. Why weren't they concerned about the fact their mother had recently been pushed down the stairs? Where was Glenda anyway?

* Ryan handing over Lily so easily within the last 10 minutes was rushed and unbelievable. Stacey just admitted she didn't really love him so didn't want him going with her or their baby? Bitch!

* Max wanting to jet off and flee with Stacey? Ok, he was gonna do that a few years ago amidst the height of their affair but then Tanya had Oscar and Bradley died - would he really leave them all now? Also rushed and out of character. Plus it made the Max/Vanessa 'romance' seem even more pointless/unnecessary.

* Why were Ian and Jane hardly featured and shown drinking merrilly in the pub? It's their first Xmas without Lucy or Peter! Peter only left the day before but he seemed compeltely forgotten about!

* Where was Denise? Similarly her first Xmas without any of her kids and her first Xmas since the Lucas reveal. No reflection on it at all - instead we had Kim and Pattrick drinking away withotu a care in the world.

I'm not impressed with Bryan Kirkwood's hold on EE at all. I thought I'd wait for the Xmas ep and try to focus on the positives but was completely underwhelmed. Ofcourse Stacey had to flee right away so her rushed exit was plausible but in the long run so many characters are having weak spur of the moment exits. Peggy upped and left the day after the fire, Adam when Libby found out he was propositioning Lucy, Peter when he didn't even push Glenda, and now Jean!
*Breathes* Rant over