View Single Post
Old 19-01-2011, 02:49 AM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
No.

In my experience absolutely noone used the EMA for its intended purpose - books, travel, stationery - but instead spent it on lunch, going out at the weekend etc.

Besides, with the age of compulsory education raising to 18 this year, it's entirely pointless - it would cost the government billions.
A good reason why EMA should be scrapped then when this happens.
I agree that some people do need EMA. It is hard to find a job. I think it will be a good idea that Education is compulsory to the age of 18. At 16 it is hard to find a full time job. If you are in compulsory education up to the age of 18 then you can still have a part time job at the weekend. I do hope each student is taken care of individually when the compulsory education rises to the age of 18. Because I don't agree forcing every student to do A levels. After GCSE's the ones who want to do A levels can. However some students don't want to or not clever enough. Therefore I hope there are plenty of apprentices available and any particular training courses to do for a particular job! Or of course there are BTEC courses available.. anything!

This will be a good thing. Instead of kids living school at 16, some drop out of college after the first few weeks.. feel like they have nothing to do.. then when the compulsory education is up to 18 years old, children will have guidance from teachers for an extra 2 years!

However this may freak me out too. I mean when I left school at 16 I was glad. Glad to move on and get out of the school. Does this compulsory education mean that you have to stay at the school? Like there will be a year 12 and 13 at school? << Well they have this at sixth form but like I said.. not every student should be forced to pursue academic A levels!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote