View Single Post
Old 24-01-2011, 11:23 AM #3313

Ryan Babel will be staying at liverpool says Kenny.

Coyle: I love watching Arsenal; it's the way football should be played

Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle has revealed his admiration for the way Arsenal play football and has backed Arsene Wenger’s side to end their five-year trophy hiatus.
The former Burnley boss has reinvigorated the Trotters brand of football since succeeding Gary Megson at the Reebok Stadium in January last year, and Coyle suggests he is a football purist in the same vein as Arsene Wenger.
Coyle believes the brand of football currently being executed by the North London Premier League side and also Barcelona, “is the way football should be played” and although he is by no means suggesting Bolton are on a par with the aforementioned vaunted sides, it is clear where his inspirations lie.
Speaking about his own footballing philosophy, Coyle told the Times: “I’m not going to overburden players,
“If they have deficiencies, which we all have, we will work on that.
“But equally, when they go out to play, I can’t have them caught up in what they’re poor at because ultimately that makes them nervous and leads to mistakes.
“They need to feel, ‘I want to go out an express myself. I’m going to put my best foot forward.’
He continued: “I love watching Arsenal. I watched them at Leeds last week and I absolutely loved every minute of it.
“That, for me, is the way football should be played. I love everything about the way they play.
“Arsène Wenger and the job he has done is fantastic.
“I know people always say the thing about a lack of trophies, but I’m sure they can be among the trophies this year.
“Barcelona, they take that three-yard pass in the middle of a crowded pitch, which is the hardest pass in football, and are effortless at it.
“For the purist in us all, it’s an unbelievable way to play football.”