Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
They're releasing their albums at almost the same time. Britney isn't what she used to be, Gaga took over. I'm sorry but whether you like her or not (I'm not her biggest fan to be honest), she owns the market right now. There is a bigger expectation and wait from Gaga's album than Britney's.

Bad strategy from Britney's label to release it at the same time Gaga does because Lady Gaga will own the business for the rest of the year. You know she will. Like I said, I'm not her biggest fan but from an objective and marketing point of view, Gaga wins.
I wouldn't agree with that. I acknowledge Gaga is huge over the world right now but Britney still managed to debut at #1 in America last week with her new single? Plus she topped the iTunes charts nearly worldwide, she still has appeal. She clearly still has a big fanbase and that's not going to die down anytime soon. That's probably true just because Gaga is more revelant nowadays where music and internet is more popular than ever and she appeals to a more wider audience than Britney.

How are they releasing at the same time though? Britney's album is out in early March and Gaga's album is out in May. Both will be able to do well, Britney won't release a new single until March anyway so she could easily get another #1 with it. I do agree that Gaga will probably be everywhere over the rest of the year though and she will get much greater sales and longetivity with her songs.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote